Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Through the Narrows 18" x 24" acrylic

SOLD
This beautiful area is part of an island chain in the Queen Charlotte Strait where my family and I recently anchored for an evening after a day of fishing. The islands that dot this region are rugged and spectacular and I wanted to capture the essence of the area with one of it's main inhabitants - the bald eagle. After experimenting with several different bird positions (all in flight), this angle was decided on as it shows the eagle has just flown through the narrow passage between islands toward the viewer (an angle not often painted). The lichens and sea life on the rocks indicate the high tide line and adds a necessary splash of complimentary color. Unfortunately, as is normally the case, the camera didn't read all of the colors in the painting so I tried to fiddle with it a bit to better match the painting.
My Website

No comments: