Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lamar Evening 15" x 26" acrylic

SOLD
The Lamar Valley in Yellowstone is a special place. It is not uncommon to see elk, deer, pronghorn, bison, grizzly bear and wolf - all at the same time! In fact, the valley seems like it is a slice of the way things used to be. This past August, I was able to to take my kids through the Lamar Valley and they too were amazed. This painting is from that trip and on that evening several different flocks of Canada geese were flying over the Lamar River. In the painting, a herd of bison grazes in the background as the last rays of light filter into the valley adding to the aura that is the Lamar Valley at sunset.
My Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter,

To mark the start of hunting season in Idaho I have just posted a study of this painting that I did last week. In my post I have created a pointer to your blog. This is my favorite of the paintings I have seen from you in the last year. You do superior work.

...Rog Lyngaas