Thursday, January 5, 2012

Backwater Reverie 18" x 24" acrylic on canvas $4300


Sorry for the delay in posting! My family and I traveled for the holidays and this painting also took a while as it is larger than my daily paintings at 18" x 24". This quiet backwater is the perfect habitat for wood ducks and although I felt the painting was strong enough on it's own without wildlife in it, a single drake wood duck swimming across the glassy water breathed life into this peaceful scene. This painting will be available this month at the Orland Art Center in Orland, CA. The opening reception is tomorrow night(Friday night) at the center from 3-7pm. The one-of-a-kind show is a two man exhibition with fellow daily painter and Wild Wings artist George Lockwood. If you are in beautiful Northern California tomorrow evening, I'll see you there!
 My Website

No comments: